Saturday, March 12, 2011

MAC Pink Power

Hello beauties,

I recently went to MAC to see what I would like from the Wonder Woman collection as it was only launched last week. Because I am on a budget, the only thing I could justify getting was the Pink Power MSF. It seemed unique and very multi-purpose. I am glad I was able to restrict myself to one beauty purchase. The Mineralize Skin Finish comes with 3 colours: A shimmery champagne, a warm toned matte brown and a frosty peachy pink shade. They can be swirled together or used separately as a highlight, blush and bronzer.

Initial thoughts:

Let's start with the packaging. Some may call it gimmicky and ugly, but I think it's funky. Unfortunately it comes without a mirror. The product itself is humongous. It contains 20 gr of product. WOW. I haven't used it enough tho to give a detailed review. The shades in this compact are probably best suited for warm NC15 - NC37 skin tones. The bronzer shade is quite warm and looked a little orange on me. I will see how it looks when I have a darker skin tone during the summer months.

The blush is gorgeous. I have compared it to my all time favourite blush Dainty and Nuance. It's a little lighter and peachier than Dainty but pinker than Nuance.

The highlight is pretty, but like most MSFs a little too shimmery for my taste. The blush and highlight colour should therefore not be worn together, unless you're going for a disco ball look.





*Swatches on my underarm; probably around NC20
**No idea what's up with the last picture.

What did you get from the Wonder Woman collection?

Love,
Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...